Looking for a way to immediately increase donations! Well, here’s a simple idea:
- Run a list of gifts received since Jan. 1st of this year. Next, run a list from the same time period last year. Compare. Those missing off this year’s list are today’s biggest opportunities!
- Contact – call, write, or email your past donors who’ve lapsed. They will often give again when genuinely thanked and reminded of the difference their generosity made!
- For best results, reconnect in the same manner as before. Look back: Who asked last year? What was the gift for? What was the level of giving?
- For example, if you received $100 by mail in 2017 for summer camp scholarships, send a letter today with a note from the volunteer who made the ask last year. Include a SASE envelope, and watch the mail!
- Set a reminder to send a summer camp update this fall…You may receive a 2nd gift this year for your good work!
To share your thoughts on fundraising, email PMiracle@MiracleStrategies.com or post to my Facebook page. To get winning, donor-centric, goal-focused fundraising & marketing tips delivered directly to your inbox sign up here!